The importance of early childhood education and care in providing the foundations for lifelong learning is now widely acknowledged. Early Years – An International Research Journal aims to broaden the international debate about the best provision for young children by representing a wide range of perspectives from different countries, different disciplines and different research methodologies.
As the official journal of TACTYC (Association for Professional Development in Early Years), Early Years publishes up-to-date papers on all issues associated with early years education.
- Rod Parker-Rees – Faculty of Education, Plymouth University, UK
- Pamela Oberhuemer – Staatsinstitut für Frühpädagogik, Munich, Germany
- Liz Brooker – Institute of Education, London, UK
- Issues List (online content)
- Editorial Board
- Instructions for Authors
- Download an online sample copy for Early Years Journal
- Call for Papers
- Reflecting on Early Years Issues and Occasional Papers
- How is participation in parent-child-interaction-focused and parenting-skills-focused courses associated with child development?
- A critical review of the advantages and limitations of using large-scale national surveys to examine childcare patterns and the ECEC workforce in Britain
- Action-research and early childhood teachers in Chile: analysis of a teacher professional development experience
- Assessments by principals, teachers, and parents on values education in Estonian kindergartens
- Professional development of kindergarten teachers in Croatia – a personal choice or an obligation