The importance of early childhood education and care in providing the foundations for lifelong learning is now widely acknowledged. Early Years – An International Research Journal  aims to broaden the international debate about the best provision for young children by representing a wide range of perspectives from different countries, different disciplines and different research methodologies.
As the official journal of TACTYC (Association for Professional Development in Early Years), Early Years publishes up-to-date papers on all issues associated with early years education.
Professor Pamela Oberhuemer has recently retired from the role of Editor. We wish Pamela well in her retirement and thank her most sincerely for all her work on behalf of the Journal and TACTYC.
- Rod Parker-Rees  – Faculty of Education, Plymouth University, UK
- Arianna Lazzari  – Bologna University, Italy.
- Jan Georgeson  – Faculty of Education, Plymouth University, UK.
- Homepage 
- Issues List (online content) 
- Editorial Board 
- Instructions for Authors 
- CALL FOR PAPERS 
- Download an online sample copy for Early Years Journal 
- Reflecting on Early Years Issues  and Occasional Papers 
- Harnessing a behavioral economic framework for supporting providers in improving early childhood care 
- “If they have more work, they learn more”: parents’ views of their children’s learning experiences and homework in Pre-K settings 
- Building a competent early childhood education and care workforce in the Asia-Pacific Region 
- Children’s ways-of-knowing. Learning through intent participation in the early years 
- Preschool teachers’ attitudes toward the role of Israeli parents of children with autism spectrum disorder