The importance of early childhood education and care in providing the foundations for lifelong learning is now widely acknowledged. Early Years – An International Research Journal aims to broaden the international debate about the best provision for young children by representing a wide range of perspectives from different countries, different disciplines and different research methodologies.
As the official journal of TACTYC (Association for Professional Development in Early Years), Early Years publishes up-to-date papers on all issues associated with early years education.
Dr. Liz Brooker has recently retired from the role of Editor, although we are pleased that she will continue as a reviewer for our Journal. We wish Liz well in her retirement and thank her most sincerely for all her work on behalf of the Journal and TACTYC.
- Rod Parker-Rees – Faculty of Education, Plymouth University, UK
- Pamela Oberhuemer – Staatsinstitut für Frühpädagogik, Munich, Germany
- Jan Georgeson – Faculty of Education, Plymouth University, UK.
- Issues List (online content)
- Editorial Board
- Instructions for Authors
- Download an online sample copy for Early Years Journal
- Call for Papers
- Reflecting on Early Years Issues and Occasional Papers
- Lessons and legacies of early childhood history
- Celebrating forty years of TACTYC
- Conception and validation of the Quality of Educators’ Observation and Planning Practices Scale (QEOPPS)
- Evolving and re-mediated activities when preschool children play analogue and digital Memory games
- Process quality for children under three years in early child care and family child care in Germany