The importance of early childhood education and care in providing the foundations for lifelong learning is now widely acknowledged. Early Years – An International Research Journal aims to broaden the international debate about the best provision for young children by representing a wide range of perspectives from different countries, different disciplines and different research methodologies.
As the official journal of TACTYC (Association for Professional Development in Early Years), Early Years publishes up-to-date papers on all issues associated with early years education.
Professor Pamela Oberhuemer has recently retired from the role of Editor. We wish Pamela well in her retirement and thank her most sincerely for all her work on behalf of the Journal and TACTYC.
- Rod Parker-Rees – Faculty of Education, Plymouth University, UK
- Arianna Lazzari – Bologna University, Italy.
- Jan Georgeson – Faculty of Education, Plymouth University, UK.
- Issues List (online content)
- Editorial Board
- Instructions for Authors
- CALL FOR PAPERS
- Download an online sample copy for Early Years Journal
- Reflecting on Early Years Issues and Occasional Papers
- Applying a cumulative risk and protective framework to assess early learning in Ghana
- Who belongs in preschool? Perspectives of children and educators
- Promoting culturally-sensitive teacher agency in Chinese kindergarten teachers: an integrated learning approach
- Workforce diversity and quality improvement policies in early childhood education in East Asia
- Evaluating the impact of book gifting on the reading behaviours of parents on young children