The importance of early childhood education and care in providing the foundations for lifelong learning is now widely acknowledged. Early Years – An International Research Journal aims to broaden the international debate about the best provision for young children by representing a wide range of perspectives from different countries, different disciplines and different research methodologies.
As the official journal of TACTYC (Association for Professional Development in Early Years), Early Years publishes up-to-date papers on all issues associated with early years education.
Dr. Liz Brooker has recently retired from the role of Editor, although we are pleased that she will continue as a reviewer for our Journal. We wish Liz well in her retirement and thank her most sincerely for all her work on behalf of the Journal and TACTYC.
- Rod Parker-Rees – Faculty of Education, Plymouth University, UK
- Pamela Oberhuemer – Staatsinstitut für Frühpädagogik, Munich, Germany
- Jan Georgeson – Faculty of Education, Plymouth University, UK.
- Issues List (online content)
- Editorial Board
- Instructions for Authors
- Download an online sample copy for Early Years Journal
- Call for Papers
- Reflecting on Early Years Issues and Occasional Papers
- Reflections of pioneers in early childhood education research on their collaboration with practitioners in the development of theories and innovative practices
- For child and social justice: radical approaches in education and care for young children in interwar Poland
- Early childhood education for sustainability and the legacies of two pioneering giants
- Insider perspectives: the ‘tricky business’ of providing for children’s sleep and rest needs in the context of early childhood education and care
- From obsolete to contemporary preschool education (experiences in Serbia)