The importance of early childhood education and care in providing the foundations for lifelong learning is now widely acknowledged. Early Years – An International Research Journal aims to broaden the international debate about the best provision for young children by representing a wide range of perspectives from different countries, different disciplines and different research methodologies.
As the official journal of TACTYC (Association for Professional Development in Early Years), Early Years publishes up-to-date papers on all issues associated with early years education.
Professor Pamela Oberhuemer has recently retired from the role of Editor. We wish Pamela well in her retirement and thank her most sincerely for all her work on behalf of the Journal and TACTYC.
- Rod Parker-Rees – Faculty of Education, Plymouth University, UK
- Arianna Lazzari – Bologna University, Italy.
- Jan Georgeson – Faculty of Education, Plymouth University, UK.
- Issues List (online content)
- Editorial Board
- Instructions for Authors
- CALL FOR PAPERS
- Download an online sample copy for Early Years Journal
- Reflecting on Early Years Issues and Occasional Papers
- Access and equity policies in early childhood education: the case of Chile
- Exploring the use of a rating scale to support professional learning in early years pre-school staff: the experience of one local authority in Wales
- ‘I want to join the play’. Young children’s wants and needs of empathy when experiencing peer rejections in ECEC
- Developing a pedagogy of play: toddlers’ conceptual learning in a PlayWorld
- Two-year-old and three-year-old children’s writing: the contradictions of children’s and adults’ conceptualisations